Wastewater Operator/Operator in Charge Part time - Sullivan
Sullivan Sanitary District No. 1
WASTEWATER OPERATOR/OPERATOR IN CHARGE (UPDATED 5/18/17)
The Sullivan Sanitary District No. 1 has an immediate opening for the position of FULL-TIME Wastewater Operator/Operator in Charge. The Sanitary District operates a 100,000 gallon per day (design)/40,000 gallon per day (current) flow oxidation ditch wastewater treatment plant and collection system including three lift stations. The Sanitary District is in the process of facilities planning for wastewater upgrades.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Sample collection and preparation for shipping to an outside lab.
· Daily operations and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and collection system.
· Reporting and maintaining compliance according to the District’s WPDES permit.
· Maintenance and servicing of the lift stations and wastewater treatment facility.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma, must be able to work independently, and lift 75 pounds with no restrictions. Applicants must have or be able to obtain within 12 months a valid Basic Wastewater Operator Certification with subclass A1, B, C, and D. Position requires after hours, on call and weekend availability. The 30 minute residency requirement is no longer a requirement.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
Cover letter and resumes are being accepted until the position is filled and can be submitted to:
Sullivan Sanitary District No. 1 c/o Jim and Heidi Hargan
Attn: Paul Goeglein
N3831 Liberty Street
Sullivan, WI 53178
- This position was posted on: 04-21-2018.
- It will be removed on: 05-21-2018.